it's time for my favourite game, Windows or Capitalism, where we try to guess whether a statement applies to windows or capitalism
- it's obnoxiously expensive for no reason
- corporate monopolies allow the big companies to stamp out alternatives and present themselves as the only option, driving up prices to ridiculous levels
- you are constantly pressured to spend money. in fact, if you don't have money, you can't participate at all
- advertisements are a fundamental element of the system
- most people who have souls despise it, but remain complacent because "what are the alternatives? this is the way things are"
- the mere mention of the names of alternatives disgusts many people
- the people in charge don't give a shit about you
trick question!! all of these statements apply to windows AND capitalism!!!!!
@lynnesbian at first I thought you were talking about windows. Like glass covered wall holes. And I was really confused 🤷🏼♂️
@lynnesbian this sounds an awful lot like All Software And Infrastructure
AMA about the time my teasm wasn't allowed a cloud-based Active Directory replica and we had to introduce Atlassian Crowd
@firstname.lastname@example.org's anti-chud pro-skub instance for funtimes