@lynnesbian if someone was to get into pleroma, what instance would you recommend? I want something with a cool and hopefully politically focused community like radical.town, jorts.horse, or berries.space
@Drew there's bophadees.witches.live but i have them blocked because of anna
none really spring to mind, the people who started the instances you're mentioning were from the bofa crowd, who all hate(d?) pleroma
@lynnesbian and Idk who anna is
@Drew anna is the hugely popular admin of the large instance witches.live
@lynnesbian what's the discourse around them
@Drew i'm one of the only people on fedi who doesn't like her, so all the discourse revolves around things i've said
@lynnesbian ahh, is there any specific reason you don't like her or do you not want to get into it
more anna/witches.live stuff Show more
- the way she acted with pleroma makes me think: what's going to be the next pleroma? what is she going to attack next? i asked her as a joke if she would do the same to, say, the netBSD community if she saw a bunch of users making fun of oppressed people, and she said yes. i don't want to be around when that next happens. when, not if.
- she clarified that when she said she "adored" me, it was as a mother, not as a fan. that's even worse. if you can't tell, i don't particularly want to be her daughter. even writing that out is unsettling.
- the way she turned on pleroma and the theme as soon as someone with clout let her know what was up is again, troubling. it's hugely contradictory to the things she says about protecting marginalised people. how can you protect them if you won't even listen to them unless they have over a thousand followers?
- she knows what it's like to be unfairly targeted by masses of people, so why would she inflict that on every single pleroma user? because she was convinced that they were "the bad guys".
- the way that she keeps thinking i'm going to come back is franky pathetic. remember how i asked her to defederate with my instance? she didn't. she wanted to "leave the door open". apparently that was worth more ethan listening to the one fucking thing i ever asked her to do. this is emblematic of a much bigger issue: she doesn't actually realise that any of the things she's done are wrong, or at least, she thinks they're no big deal, and put her own self-interest before doing the only thing i've ever asked of her. and maybe they aren't a big deal to some people, but they are to me, and when you're trying to be friends with someone, it's important to know how you make them feel.
i think she's trying, and she's becoming more mature, but i don't see why i should make the conscious effort to un-burn that bridge when the only thing waiting for me on the other side is a few friends and anna. i'd like the friends to come back but i can't stand anna, for the reasons outlined above and more. i'm not making these posts to "dunk" on her, i'm making these posts because numerous people have asked me why i defederated and even asked me to federate with her again, and i'll now have two posts to refer to.
and just to add to this, the w.l rules say "no ace discourse" which reads to me "if you're ace, please don't mention it, talk about your experiences, or defend yourself"
people: *complain about w.l's theme being difficult to understand*
people with clout: *complain about w.l's theme being difficult to understand*
anna: i'll get right on it, i'll pay for a new, more accessible theme to be created immediately
people: *explains why you shouldn't be blindly taking out your rage on pleroma*
anna: fuck off nazi
people with clout: *explains why you shouldn't be blindly taking out your rage on pleroma*
anna: i've created a pleroma instance to atone for my sins and will try to
steer the consensus in the right direction
when i (person with clout) explained to anna that using the w.l theme without attributing the creators was a violation of the AGPL, she fixed it right away. i wonder what would have happened if someone with less followers had asked the same? more importantly, what will be the next fuckup that requires an #influencer to step in?
with all of this shit in mind...
should i unblock witches.live? https://www.strawpoll.me/17454546
(you can reply to elaborate on why if you'd like)
Lynne, if there's one thing I've learnt about popular votes like that it's this. the majority of people more or less never vote for exclusion, outside of extreme cases.
I used to do flat majoritarian votes on banning in my old discord. and you know what? only like 1/10 votes would ever be for the ban, the vast majority were just apathetic on the issues, and then would not care to actively say yes to a banning as it's actively a thing to cut people out of something. so what did I do? I just stopped having votes.
now, I know you're an anarchist but, I'd say not everything needs to be voted on, especially when it comes to your own online experience. you already know my position on w.l, I will respect yours no matter what you chose
@CornishRepublicanArmy yeah i know but i can't decide this for myself because im a namby pamby
@lynnesbian I'd say that blocking Anna seems enough, and as this is your main community cutting out one of the biggest instances in our corner of the fediverse hampers that for you probably. most w.l users aren't 'bad people' who you don't get on with, I was there for instance (ok, bad example in my case). but I'm not you, and I will never be you, when you say that it makes you uncomfortable to see the instance name and such I just have to take it at face value that it's a problem for you and I'll respect that
@lynnesbian anna is an abusive tankie piece of shit.
@lynnesbian I think people generally want all their friends to be friends and can get pushy about dropping existing grievances. I think it's wrong to try to push your friends' boundaries even if you think they're wrong to believe something. So my position is "do what makes you comfortable, don't think you have to expand your boundaries for anyone else."
@firstname.lastname@example.org's anti-chud pro-skub instance for funtimes